From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X plans
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 04:10:09
1 maillog: 09/08/2005-11:16:52(-0700): Donnie Berkholz types
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > | If you find bugs that aren't purely ebuild problems, do not file them at
4 > | bugs.gentoo.org -- go to bugs.freedesktop.org, in the xorg product.
5 > |
6 > | Two USE flags you will care about are "dri" and "glx" -- both are
7 > | necessary to get accelerated 3D.
8 >
9 > A few updates:
10 >
11 > I'm working on a Mesa ebuild to add; this will provide the gl.h
12 > everyone's been complaining about missing. My dev box is really screwy
13 > because of orphaned files, things lying around from CVS, etc, so I
14 > didn't realize this would actually be required until yesterday.
15 >
16 > Until then, just build xorg without glx.
17 >
18 > People have been trouble actually starting the X server, because it
19 > can't find the 'fixed' font. I suspect that the font-misc-misc package
20 > is either installing wrong, or the font tools are messed up. Replace the
21 > /usr/share/fonts/misc/ directory with one from an older install.
22 >
23 > Also there have been errors of the freetype/type1/trap modules not found
24 > on startx. They aren't yet built in xorg-server, so you may need to copy
25 > them over from an older install.
26
27 Ah...
28
29 It seems that the current xorg-server installs all modules in
30 /usr/lib/xorg/modules. Any idea why? It used to be /usr/lib/modules
31 until recently, and that's still where opengl-update symlinks stuff to,
32 and also where vnc and nvidia-glx put their own X modules.
35 \ Georgi Georgiev \ When Dexter's on the Internet, can Hell be \
36 / chutz@×××.net / far behind?" /
37 \ +81(90)2877-8845 \ \