From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use Thread;
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 20:36:25
1 Yeah. Go to bugzilla. =:)
2
3 Seriously, there are two issues here. The perl 5.8 that is in portage does not have the usethreads on yet. I have an ebuild I am working on, -r1, that has threads enabled, but that is still in development here at home. Thread support was not stable in perl until 5.8, so if you use 5.6.1 you have to recompile by hand and enable the EXPERIMENTAL use of threads (which may break, docs say so).
4
5 Possibly related, though you didn't say mention it so this is a stab, is that after a week of no response from the dev list, I committed the new perl-modules.eclass, which affects building modules from within portage. I'm waiting for word back from any perl 5.8 users (have a 5.6.1 user that confirms it is good) before committing the fix. (bug 6097)
6
7 Hope this helps,
8
9 Michael