From: Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Keywording log
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 13:59:45
1 Hey.
2
3 I've been doing some package pruning and it occured to me that something like
4 a per-package keyword log would come in handy - just a simple log file that
5 states which keyword was added and when and for what version.
6
7 It can be implemented as an additional file "Keywords" or an extention to
8 metadata.xml (or something else). whichever - it needs to be accuratly
9 parsable by an automatic tool. It can serve stable marking and old ebuild
10 pruning.
11
12 I'll willing to write a GLEP and a reference implementation (a modification to
13 ekeyword to write the log, a QA tool to check the age...) for it.
14
15 Comments? Ideas? Past discussion resolutions?
18 Eldad Zack <eldad@g.o>
19 Key/Fingerprint at pgp.mit.edu, ID 0x96EA0A93