From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new global use flag and a new category
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:42:40
1 begin quote
2 On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:56:56 +0200
3 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > The kde herd wants to give everyone the possibility to configure with
6 > --enable-final via the "final" use flag. Additionally I thought about
7 > a kde-misc category, which would include a bunch of kde related
8 > packages, which are now mainly placed in app-misc, x11-misc, some in
9 > other categories and a few are still in bugs.g.o.
10
11 > Any objections?
14 I'd object to the use of the word "final" for this, since its ambigous
15 and hard to comprehend its meaning. I'd suggest finding a better word
16 to describe the flag and its function.
19 //Spider
22 begin .signature
23 Tortured users / Laughing in pain
25 end