From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: extending project xml to have stuff that the project is working on and collect them as Gentoo current goals
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:16:35
1 On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 23:34:25 +0300
2 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > As the recent thread showed there is a lot going on in Gentoo land
5 > although it doesn't always seem so. I propose we extend project xml to
6 > describe current stuff going on in the project in question and their
7 > estimated completion date. Then we require this file to be updated
8 > monthly. What do you think?
9
10 Assuming we'd go with this, what would happen if a project doesn't update it's file?
11 Realistic answer: nothing. So any such requirement is just a recommendation anyway.
12 Besides there already is the <task> tag that can be used for that (though the layout is extremely crappy).
13 Counter proposal: Extend planet.g.o with project feeds, e.g. planet.g.o/projects/foo collecting news from all members of project foo (identified by category or so). That's where most people are posting/looking for news anyway these days.
14
15 Marius
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list