From: test <test@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] newbie install
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:26:32
1 i have no relevant linux background (i have installed mandrake 7.0 last year but didn't know anything about configuring or using it productively and didn't have a large amount of time to learn, so i dumped it)but i am extremely interested in gentoo. i am considering writing a paper for an OS class i am taking on Linux as a desktop aternative to windows. will there ever be the option of a full cd-based install of gentoo that does not require online access (all the machines i have use winmodems)? if so, when? i would appreciate any info or assistance you could provide that might help me to make the switch from windows to Linux with as little problem as possible. if i do the paper for my class i would like to show that anyone can/should make the switch to Linux.
2
3 thanks,
4 test
6
7 Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
8 Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, 100% better, and 100% yours!