From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Value of Continuous integration vs Code Review / Pull Requests
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 12:16:58
1 Hi,
2
3 is this really CI _vs_ Code Review? I.e. we can only have one?
4
5 CI is nice and helpful. For example I usually don't start review until CI
6 sets green light but CI alone wouldn't be enough. Thought that Gitlab will
7 support same kind of hooks similar to how current CI is integrated into
8 Github, not?
9
10 Also, when I could wish something: The problem when doing review on Github
11 for me is, that we usually create new revisions. Therefore we don't see
12 what's changed in new revision versus previous revision. So the change to
13 review looks like an entire new file was added (which is what basically
14 happened). It would be cool if our solution would be aware of this and
15 could handle this somehow. But I guess we would have to create our own
16 solution for this...
20 Regards,
21 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
22 fpr: C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

openpgp-digital-signature.asc application/pgp-signature