From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Christian Fischer <Christian.Fischer@×××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mount works not correct with kernel 2.6.8-gentoo-r3
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 02:09:25
1 On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 12:18:18AM +0200, Christian Fischer wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On Tuesday 07 September 2004 14:28, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
6 > > You might want to check your bootloader configuration. For the root
7 > > filesystem the kernel does not actually consult fstab at all, only it's
8 > > commandline. To check what the kernel believes to actually be mounted
9 > > look at /proc/mounts
10 >
11 > Paul,
12 > that's not a problem of mounting the rootfs in the right way or specifying the
13 > right kernel commandline. I've different partitions on different mountpoints.
14 > Changes in new home shouldn't affect the old home. That's not normal.
15 >
16 > # cat /proc/mounts
17 > rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
18 > /dev/root / reiserfs rw,noatime 0 0
19 > none /proc proc rw,nodiratime 0 0
20 > none /sys sysfs rw 0 0
21 > none /dev devfs rw 0 0
22 > none /dev/pts devpts rw 0 0
23 > none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
24 > none /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
25 > /dev/hda3 /old reiserfs rw 0 0
26
27 I don't see /dev/hda4 being used here.
28
29 greg k-h
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list