From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] DB4.0/4.1 news
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:54:29
1 Greetings,
2
3 Hopefully now all of the DB4.0 bugs have been worked out, as we haven't
4 had any new reports of problems in over a month now.
5
6 In line with this, and hopefully to make some progress, I have marked
7 db-4.0.14-r2 as stable on x86, and marked it as testing on all other
8 architectures.
9
10 Would all non-x86 people please test it out? Upgrade to it, then try to
11 re-merge at least the packages that depend on sys-libs/db and not a
12 specific version of the db library. An emerge -e world is probably a
13 much better test.
14
15 If it works out for you, please mark it as stable for your architecture
16 sometime in the next 2 weeks if possible, so that we can continue with
17 DB-4.1.
18
19 DB-4.1 will be moved into testing on x86 sometime in the next two weeks
20 once I have done some more testing on it.
23 Robin Hugh Johnson
24 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
25 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
26 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
27 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85