From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Bugday Improvements
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:21:01
1 Scott Shawcroft posted <42DC8745.40805@g.o>, excerpted below, on
2 Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:53:25 -0700:
3
4 > Jonathan Smith wrote:
5 >
6 >> Scott Shawcroft wrote:
7 >>
8 >>> - Have pre-bugday and post-bugday podcasts designed to present
9 >>> information in an alternate form.
12 >> i like it, but also make it available as an .mp3 or a more common format
13 >> (i know nothing about podcasting or if mplayer could play it ;-)
14 >
15 > For the record, podcasts are a collection of audio files wrapped in an RSS
16 > feed.
17
18 Indeed. I didn't know what podcasts were, either, until Linux Weekly News
19 covered them (and naturally, Linux applications for listening to
20 them, creating them was covered the week before) on the front page of the
21 July 7 edition. Here's a direct link to the article:
22
23 Getting Started Listening to Podcasts, by Dan York
24 http://lwn.net/Articles/142754/
25
26 I haven't tried out any of the apps mentioned, yet, but I'm likely to, at
27 some point.
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
33 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list