From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoostats, SoC 2011
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:49:25
1 On 2011.08.24 11:48, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 [snip]
3 >
4 > If you sneakily add something to cron.daily by default you can get
5 > pretty nice coverage. But I guess anyone trying that in Gentooland
6 > will
7 > meet some rather unpleasant resistance :)
13 This app and if its opt in or opt out will set a precedence for any
14 future apps that want automatic user feedback in Gentoo
15
16 It has to be opt-in as opt out would be a dangerous precendent to set.
17
18 I don't see any harm is a gentle reminder message from emerge, provided
19 that the reminder can be turned off too, if the user really does not
20 want to opt in. Thats no worse than being nagged about unread news.
23 Regards,
24
25 Roy Bamford
26 (Neddyseagoon) a member of