From: justin <jlec@g.o>
Cc: monsieurp@g.o, Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Developer: Patrice Clement (monsieurp)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 16:30:53
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 let me introduce Patrice Clement (monsieurp) form the sunny Nice in
4 France as the latest team member.
5
6 He work in a GSOC project back in 2009 where he ported portage to
7 NetBSD/x86. Recently he also contributed to libav. Beside this, he is
8 also skilled in java and scala. So perhaps these are areas where we will
9 see his contributions.
12 Here are some lines he wrote about himself:
13
14 I have lived 2 years in the UK and 2 years in Austria. I recently moved
15 back to Southern France to my parents' flat in Marseille in order to
16 look for a job either in Marseille or Paris or abroad. I would like to
17 move to Spain since I want to learn to speak Spanish fluently.
18
19 I've got one brother who lives in Paris, which is where I am located as
20 I am writting this email.
21
22 In my spare time, I like learning foreign languages (I speak English, a
23 bit of Spanish, and German, and obviously French) so I try reading
24 whatever book I get my hands on in the different languages that I know
25 (I'm reading 1984 in German at the moment). I love traveling, connecting
26 with people from different countries and finding out about their culture
27 (oddly, I have forged more links with people located abroad than with
28 actual friends in my city/country :))
29
30 I'm fond of sport: I go running at least 3 times a week, play
31 indoor/outdoor soccer and bike (I used to bike to work whilst I was in
32 Austria).
35 So please join me in giving him a warm welcome,
36
37 Justin