From: "Robert R. Russell" <nahoy_kbiki@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Questions about stabilization requests
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 19:06:43
1 Some of the packages that I use are ~arch keyworded right now and I was
2 wanting to ask some questions about when to file stabilization requests and
3 about how much information needs to be provided when filling them.
4
5 1) How long do you recommend using a package before filing a stabilization
6 request?
7
8 2) Should I file stabilization requests on software that works mostly as in
9 everything that I use it for normally but I can force it to fail if I feed it
10 some really strange input or contrive a specific set of options that will
11 cause invalid or incorrect output.
12
13 3) Should I provide a patch that removes the ~arch keyword when I file the
14 stabilization request?
17 Thanks.