From: Markus Nigbur <pyrania@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Difference of global/local useflags
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:13:04
1 As this question just arised within the german conspiracy and we
2 couldn't tell exactly, i take this question up to the list:
3
4 Why do we distinguish between global and local useflags at all? Is there
5 a real difference between them?
6
7 It's obvious when a useflag should be local (jsut for one package) or
8 global (some pkgs use it), but what do we gain by this split?
9
10 Before someone replies with "you can comment on the actual influence of
11 a local useflag on the package on the local useflag's deascription" - if
12 that's the reason, why shouldn't this be useful for the influence of
13 global useflags on a package?
14
15 Regards,
16 Markus Nigbur