From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Package file name requirement for binary ebuilds
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:47:09
1 On 17/10/16 14:44, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 >> If a binary package is provided in addition to its source-based
3 >> equivalent, the name of the former should be suffixed with '-bin'
4 >> for distinction."
5 > Essentially what I would like to see in policy yes. Though it does not address
6 > the problem of identifying packages that can be built from source, that get
7 > put in tree as binary, for what ever reason.
8 >
9 Perhaps you can compile a list of such packages, as I would imagine QA
10 would be interested as to how 'widespread' this problem really is?