From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: gstreamer.eclass (replacement for gst-plugins*.eclass)
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2014 19:59:48
1 Hello,
2
3 For some time I've been working on bringing multilib gstreamer
4 into the tree. Following recent review by gstreamer team, I would like
5 to submit the new eclass for a wider opinion.
6
7 The gstreamer.eclass intends to replace all of gst-plugins* eclasses.
8 It provides routines suitable for building 'base' packages of
9 gst-plugins-{base,good,bad,ugly} sets and plugins split out of them. It
10 is built on top of multilib-minimal to provide complete multilib
11 support, and provides reusable multilib sub-phases
12 (gstreamer_multilib_src_configure etc.).
13
14 I've also tried to fix some of the uglyness, and removed some
15 deprecated/unused functions from gst-plugins10.eclass. And replaced
16 the four split eclasses that set GST_ORG_MODULE and inherited
17 gst-plugins10 with explicit GST_ORG_MODULE assignments.
18
19 In case anyone would like to see some ebuilds using the eclass, they
20 are available in gst-multilib-r2 branch of my working tree:
21
22 https://bitbucket.org/mgorny/gx86-working-tree/src/gst-multilib-r2/media-plugins/?at=gst-multilib-r2
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny