From: Maxim Kammerer <mk@×××.su>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROMs category suggestion
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:24:01
1 On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò
2 <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
3 > The problem is not finding them, is knowing what's going on when a given
4 > package name is merged.
5
6 Well, what I meant is that all these packages have a "-ucode" or
7 "-firmware" suffix (not sure whether there is a difference), and there
8 is also microcode-data, which stands separately (as you probably
9 remember from bug #403119). I am not against a sys-firmware category,
10 just pointing out that there is not much information gained in the
11 package name, whereas some information will be lost (type of firmware
12 — wireless, graphics, etc.).
15 Maxim Kammerer
16 Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte