From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Jakub Moc <jakub.moc@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resignation
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:47:27
1 On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 07:43 +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > Jakub Moc wrote:
3 > > So.... Since devrel has been so kind and suspended me, based on our
4 > > brand new CoC, I don't feel any need to stay on this project any more.
5 > > I'm therefore resigning from this project.
6 >
7 > While there are situations in which you are right about complaining, the
8 > form of some of your complaints isn't exactly nice many times. The 2
9 > weeks pause probably had been meant to just have you think about this issue.
10 >
11 > > I'm pretty sure it will be actually no loss for Gentoo, since those
12 > > folks that contributed to my retirement far outweigh the benefit I
13 > > could ever possibly be to this project.
14 >
15 > Nobody is perfect, complaints about conduct can be issued in a simpler
16 > and saner way...
17 >
18 > Since I consider your work precious I'd like to see you back after those
19 > 2 weeks. Please try to think about how to improve instead on how unfair
20 > this treatment had been.
21 >
22 Jakub,
23
24 Luca is exactly right here. The suspension is meant to be a cooling off
25 period, not a message that says "please resign". So please, both for
26 yourself and for Gentoo, reconsider your resignation and use the two
27 weeks to cool off, relax, or whatever. I believe your work is most
28 important, and I'd hate to lose it over this rather small matter.
29
30 If you wish, please contact me privately. I'll discuss anything you
31 like.
32 > lu
33 >
34 > --
35 >
36 > Luca Barbato
37 >
38 > Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
39 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero
40 >
41 Regards,
42 --
43 Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o>
44 Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)