From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: Jeffrey Forman <jforman@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] bugs.gentoo.org comment length restrictions
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:37:01
1 Jeffrey Forman wrote:
2 > To all,
3 >
4 > Recently there have been reports of exceedingly long comments being
5 > posted on bugzilla bugs, such as kernel configs or long error messages.
6 >
7 > I had instituted a comment restriction in our test environment that will
8 > be shortly implemented, but with the reports as of late, have made this
9 > change in our live bugs.gentoo.org environment.
10 >
11 > If you must paste long error messages, kernel configs, or other
12 > information that seems "like a bad idea in a comment," please create an
13 > attachment.
14
15 Along these lines, is there any way of searching plain-text attachments?
16
17 Otherwise, using attachments can make it more difficult for others to
18 find your bug.
19
20 Thanks,
21 Donnie