From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Xmms needs to die.
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:06:07
1 On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 10:46 -0700, Josh Saddler wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
6 > > Who cares. It works (mostly), it is lightweight, and there are enough people
7 > > using it to keep it in the tree. As long as things don't break beyond repair
8 > > I see no reason whatsoever to remove xmms (or any other largely unmaintained
9 > > package in the tree).
10 > >
11 > > Paul
12 >
13 > ++ from me.
14
15 Sounds like we have volunteers to maintain xmms for a couple of years.
16 I offered a good solution but looks like nobody likes it. I'm still open
17 for sugestions. But keep xmms on the future sound herd overlay it's the
18 best imo.
19 --
20 Gentoo Linux Developer
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod