From: Torsten Veller <tove@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: License groups in ebuilds
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 19:06:40
* Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>:
> I'd welcome groups so we can have a "Perl_5" group. The lions share of > modules published on CPAN are licensed "Under the same license as Perl > 5 Itself", which implies "|| ( GPL-2 Artistic-1 )"
Perl is licensed as | This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify | it under the terms of either: | | a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free | Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any | later version, or | | b) the "Artistic License" which comes with this Kit. The perl-module.eclass offers a default LICENSE as LICENSE="${LICENSE:-|| ( Artistic GPL-1 GPL-2 GPL-3 )}" So if a distribution uses "the same license as Perl 5 itself" you can just drop the LICENSE from the ebuild (as long no former eclass sets its own LICENSE). I've further added comments to the LICENSE in the ebuilds if it does not use "the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself" but "or-later" group of licenses (like GPL-2+ or Artistic+...). -- Regards

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: License groups in ebuilds Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>