From: Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add commit to pull request
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 19:47:40
1 Hi Samuel
2
3 No you don't have to file a new PR. Basically, you have to:
4 * commit your code against the branch. At that point, there are two commits (or
5 more if you commit multiple times) in your branch, or PR if we talk in GH
6 jargon.
7 * squash that commit into the previous commit so as to get a single commit.
8 * force push against said branch: git push -f origin your-awesome-pr.
9
10 That's about it.
11
12 This article sums up the process pretty well:
13 https://www.devroom.io/2011/07/05/git-squash-your-latests-commits-into-one/
14
15 Cheers,
16