From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Making a common sub-profile for no-multilib
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 09:06:27
1 Jonathan Callen posted on Thu, 03 Jul 2014 03:05:46 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > I did, however test when a package installs two (different) regular
4 > files into paths that end up symlinked, and found that portage does
5 > break in that case (as the only sensible option at that point is to
6 > fail, as something will be lost in either case).
7
8 Indeed, and good point.
9
10 I guess at that point it's basically a pkg-collision, except that it's in
11 a single package instead of two different packages. Too bad a package
12 can't block itself and thus handle it the way different packages blocking
13 each other handle that case! =;^)
14
15 That's why symlinking both lib64 and lib32 to lib isn't a particularly
16 good idea! =;^)
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman