From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Introducing stable profiles for arm64 (aarch64)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 22:33:27
1 Ühel kenal päeval, E, 06.02.2017 kell 04:59, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
2 > To make it easier to handle new keywording that's happening earlier
3 > too
4 > in parallel, I now additionally plan to move half of these profiles
5 > from exp to dev in a couple of days, so that when repoman -d is used,
6 > it catches it, and when repoman -e y is used, it catches things too
7 > with the profiles that are left in exp for now.
8 > Moving from there to stable profile would not be done without the
9 > deptree fully clean, of course.
10
11 I've now finally moved
12 default/linux/arm64/13.0
13 default/linux/arm64/13.0/desktop/systemd
14 from exp to dev as told, with no concerns raised meanwhile.
15
16 That'd be the main profile and the profile I'm using (or will be using
17 soon instead of just 13.0/systemd).
18 With this I have repoman -d full mostly complaining about stuff I can
19 fix (arm64 and mips), but also some prefix, and various hardened/uclibc
20 stuff that seems to insist to not inherit /profiles/arch/<arch>/, but I
21 can avoid some of that with --include-arches.
22
23 For eventual stable profile once issues are fixed, I'm not sure
24 anything more than the arm64 main profile is needed for the time being,
25 in anticipation of mix-ins and other arch profiles mostly covering the
26 targets/features stuff anyways.
29 Mart