From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] splitting build deps out from depends
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:02:34
1 On Friday 01 July 2005 18:25, Brian D. Harring wrote:
2 > So... why don't we add a new DEPEND, BDEPEND (build depends), that
3 > holds atoms of what is required to actually build the package,
4 > literally, what executes on the box to build that package.
5 Ok trying to get this a bit more clean to tech people, we can outline this as:
6
7 DEPEND -> things which must be compiled for CTARGET
8 BDEPEND -> things which must be compiled for CHOST (as they are executed
9 during the build process)
12 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
13 Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
14 (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64, Sound, PAM)