From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect modules
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:54:44
1 On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:38:08 -0400 Chris Gianelloni
2 <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 | There's also the size issue. I use opengl-update on the LiveCD
4 | builds, and have exactly zero need for *any* other eselect module, so
5 | why should I be required to have them all to just get the one that I
6 | need?
7
8 Heh. You complain about the size of an eselect module, and then go and
9 include a stinkin' great bitmap splash screen.
10
11 Anyway, I'm in favour of separate distribution of modules once eselect
12 reaches a 1.0 release. Until then there's still a chance someone might
13 go and change the API...
16 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
17 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
18 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm