From: Thomas de Grenier de Latour <degrenier@×××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dirt: To shove under the rug or not shove under the rug? (aka another round of USE_EXPAND)
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:10:33
1 On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:35:43 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Unfortunately, even trying to add -linguas_fr to package.use,
5 > still results in the French language pack being installed over
6 > the English.
7
8 This reminds me bug #104573: it was the same problem where some
9 LINGUAS="fr" users didn't want to have manpages-fr installed. The
10 workaround used there was to add the "nls" USE flag. This way you
11 separate the "do you want some translations?" question from the
12 "what translations do you want?" question.
13
14 But sure, it's more a workaround than an ideal solution.
15
16 > For one, things in USE_EXPAND would need to be negate-able in
17 > package.use.
18
19 It may be a problem if an ebuild relies on the USE flags being
20 coherent with the env var itself. I don't have example of such
21 ebuilds in mind though, but i guess it could happen that, for
22 instance, on one hand the LINGUAS var is used by autotools to
23 choose the locales to install, and on the other hand the linguas_*
24 flags are used to add some help files or spell dicts: this could
25 result in some kind of half-translated apps, maybe even broken
26 apps, i don't know...
29 TGL.
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list