From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mongolian keyboard layout
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:43:40
1 On Sat, 2005-04-09 at 18:56 +0800, Dulmandakh Sukhbaatar wrote:
2 > Mongolian keyboard layout won't work on Gentoo.
3 How does it not work?
4 Please give more information when describing problems, like "keyboard
5 layou does not work with xorg-6.8.2" or "extra characters don't work in
6 Openoffice".
7
8 Also, this mailinglist is not the place for bugreports. Please use
9 bugs.gentoo.org for that.
10
11 > Initially I used ~x86
12 > version of Gentoo, I thought it's because testing version, and I switched to
13 > x86. But no result.
14 That is also not precise enough for us to see where the problem comes
15 from ...
16
17 > Mongolian keyboard layout works on Ubuntu Hoary, I
18 > yesterday installed. I have no mind about this problem. Any suggestions?
19
20 If all else fails, you could copy the configuration files from
21 Ubuntu :-)
22
23 Many thanks for your bugreport, but please use the right places for
24 reporting bugs.
25
26 Good luck in getting it fixed,
27 Patrick