From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: GTK USE flag situation (gtk, gtk2, gtk3; relevant to bug #420493)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:14:33
1 Le mercredi 12 février 2014 à 08:29 +0100, Lars Wendler a écrit :
2 [...]
3 >
4 > This is a really good idea and I am all in favor of it.
5 > gtk+:3 still isn't adopted widely and there are still not many good
6 > looking skins available for it. (sorry but I don't want to have all gtk+
7 > apps I am using looking totally ugly again)
8 > I doubt gtk+:2 will be deprecated that soon as some of our devs try
9 > to imply.
10
11 We do not pretend anything, we read upstream statements in bug reports
12 and in blogs. I do not keep them bookmarked though but do not get your
13 hopes too high, it will be slow, but as sure as Gnome 2 is going to be
14 removed from the tree, gtk2 is not evolving anymore and receives as
15 little maintenance as possible by upstream (which in software
16 development means it is rusting and the conclusion should be evident to
17 anyone).
18
19 Of course, just as gtk1 we are not going to remove it right now.
22 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
23 Gentoo