From: Henti Smith <bain@××××××.org>
To: Paul <set@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] State of Developement
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 02:27:22
1 On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 02:43:46 -0400
2 Paul <set@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi;
5 >
6 > I am curious about the state of gentoo; I feel I have a
7 > material interest, as I try to report bugs, submit patches, and
8 > ebuilds because I want to make this distribution better for me.
9 > I have noticed that the numbers assigned to each of my
10 > new bug reports has been advancing at such a high rate over time,
11 > that I am given to wonder if the developers can keep up. My
12 > ebuilds especially have seemed to languish lately.
13 > How are you guys doing? Do you have any areas that you
14 > would like us to focus on? (eg. QA) I could squeeze out ebuilds
15 > regularly, but I tend to wait on those in the pipeline.
16 > I havent checked, but is gentoo-core still closed?
17 > Could it be read-only, maybe only in digest form? The more
18 > I know about where this project is going, the more motivated
19 > I am to help, rather than say, sitting back on my haunches
20 > and waiting. (something I have been unable to do so far:)
21 > I am not suggesting make gentoo democratic, just take
22 > advantage of those who are not part of the core team better,
23 > by giving more guidance.
24
25 Well said. :))
26
27 I have to agree. there are alot of non-core people on this list and just itching to help out in any respect possible.
28 Maybe assign a new core member to "public relations" to help up and coming developers in helping where you guys need the most help but cannot warrent
29 spending core members time doing.
30
31 Henti Smith