From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage without portage
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 08:24:40
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2
3 > In an effort to better understand the way that Portage works, I'm trying
4 > to write a perl program that can generate a dependency tree like emerge
5 > does. Since I'm using Perl and not Python, I can't use the Portage API.
6 > Here is my code so far:
7
8 All I can say is "good luck"...
11 > This gets me a nice list of the packages that the ebuild depends on. As
12 > for the USE flags, I only get the ones defined in /etc/make.conf, not
13 > the full set. Is there an easy way to do this?
14
15 You might try parsing /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc and
16 /usr/portage/use.local.desc for all the use flags.
19 --Kumba
22 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
23 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
24 elsewhere." --Elrond
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list