From: Elfyn McBratney <beu@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Wrote a FHS konformant Qt ebuild, opinions?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:36:42
1 On Tuesday 28 Sep 2004 02:21, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > > | Not exactly an upstream issue, as they use autokonfigury (at least in
3 > > | -free),
4 > > | so it defaults to /usr/local. It's down to the distributors, in this
5 > > | case Gentoo, to set a precedent on it's destination in the filesystem,
6 > > | and FHS conformance.
7 >
8 > There's little chance of this changing for Qt 3; the destination
9 > directory is stimply too far gone to change at this point. We may
10 > consider it for Qt 4, which will be coming very soon. Filing a bug
11 > report is the best thing to do here, so the conversation can continue
12 > there.
13
14 heh, don't really care either way, just pointing out that it's not an upstream
15 issue ;-) As long as it works (I quite like where it is now :-)
16
17 Elfyn
20 Elfyn McBratney
21 beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org
22
23 PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
24 PGP Key Fingerprint:
25 29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list