From: Jonathan Callen <jcallen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: meson.eclass second draft
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 01:50:22
1 On 05/04/2017 07:48 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > here is meson.eclass after the changes from the first posting.
5 >
6 > Mgorny, I don't quite understand your question about the install command:
7 >
8 > DESTDIR="${ED}" eninja -v -c install
9 >
10 > I think it is ok, I don't think DESTDIR= has any bearing on EPREFIX.
11 >
12 > Here's the attachment.
13 >
14 > William
17 You need to set DESTDIR="${D}" when you pass --prefix="${EPREFIX}"/usr
18 (or equivalent), otherwise, you will install files to
19 ${EPREFIX}/${EPREFIX}/usr. As Prefix expects files in ${EPREFIX}/usr,
20 etc., this will cause issues on all Prefix systems (specifically,
21 Portage will error out if it detects any file installed into $D that is
22 outside of $ED or the directory $ED/$EPREFIX existing at all (when
23 $EPREFIX != "")).
24
25 The only time that it is generally appropriate to set DESTDIR="${ED}" is
26 when dealing with broken build systems that force a prefix of exactly
27 "/usr" and don't allow the user to change it (or even force files into
28 "/bin", "/etc", etc.).
31 Jonathan Callen