From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] more up to date minimal install cd
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 07:25:58
1 On 3/3/07, Daniel Robbins <drobbins.daniel@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Right now, installing Gentoo is a chore, and the many wonderful
3 > choices of Gentoo end up making the install rather complicated. So I
4 > definitely support ideas to help make our installation process
5 > better/streamlined and less confusing. There are a lot of easy little
6 > things that could be done.
7
8 What do you think of a simplified handbook ? One that presents a lot
9 fewer choices to the user, in order to be less confusing. I don't mean
10 replacing the current handbook which is one great piece of work, but
11 writing a "Gentoo in 10 easy steps" kind of guide.
12
13 One of us may even have written one already. If not, I'm willing to
14 write or help writing one if that's considered a good idea.
15
16 Denis.
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list