From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tone in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 16:34:12

On 06/19/10 11:37, Brian Harring wrote:
> and you do not go into someone's home and tell them > what they can/cannot say.
right. #gentoo-infra is not anybody's home though: it's an infra-matter channel of Gentoo. If you like to view it as anybody's home it's home of Gentoo and therefore my home, too.
> If you cannot understand this simple fact, then you're going to have > many, many ackward social interactions with the rest of humanity. > > Why? Because you're going around telling other people how *you* want > them to act, instead of what is *communally* agreed to.
It seems we're just about finding out what is commonly agreed to. You are absolutely right: if that tone we had in #gentoo-infra yesterday is more agreed to in Gentoo than a friendly, non-sexist interaction I might be wrong around here and asking for changes is pointless, correct. Best, Sebastian