From: Philippe Coulonges <cphil@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ppc cross-compiler
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:30:51
1 Le Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:16:47 -0500
2 Kumba <kumba@g.o> écrivait :
3
4 > I'm unsure how tested that ability it. I made some ebuilds for
5 > binutils/gcc sparc/mips64 support, and in doing so, inadvertently made
6 > them capable of building cross-compilers. I'm also working on a
7 > script to do cross-compilers that I hope to put into portage maybe
8 > within another week or so....still beating the bugs out of it.
9
10 Well, my goal is to build a gcc X-compiler for powerpc-unknown-eabi
11 (embedded device).
12 I'm not hurry as it will be a replacement for a compilation chain that
13 works, so I would prefer a clean, gentoo's way solution.
14
15 I started modifying the binutils ebuild in the same way as gcc, i.e.
16 using env variable for the definition of the target and using SLOT. I
17 still have a headache on the install part to figure out where everything
18 should be.
19
20 Since you seem more advanced, I will wait for your work. I'm willing to
21 help however so you can pass me some scripts or ebuilds for testing if
22 you wish.
23
24 CU
25 CPHIL
26 --
27 10 REM "Oh my God what's this ?"
28 20 REM "I thought this had long disappeared !"
29 30 PRINT "I am back to";
30 40 PRINT "save the world."
31 50 INPUT "From whom, do you reckon? ",M$
32 60 IF M$="Bill" THEN PRINT "Thou art wise.":GOTO PARADISE
33 70 ELSE PRINT "You ain't got a clue...":GOTO RICHMOND
34 -- HOWTO LinuxDocs+Emacs+ispell
37 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list