From: Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever.fta@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python expat USE flag
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 22:29:51
1 2008-12-28 05:23:12 Jesus Rivero napisał(a):
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > ~ A while ago there was a discussion about the new expat USE flag in
5 > dev-lang/python. The flag was first introduced by Vapier on December 08th.
6 >
7 > ~ While having expat USE flag may be of great use for embedded
8 > systems or in bootstrapping/releasing phases, it is not so in both in
9 > Gentoo related projects and software in general. Vapier fixed this by
10 > making the USE flag +expat.
11 >
12 > ~ Now, the issue is many people, me included, don't like that name
13 > for the USE flag for a variety of reasons one of them being that expat
14 > doesn't correlate directly with the use of xml in python provided that
15 > developers may choose another lib for handling xml other than that, like
16 > libxml2.
17 >
18 > ~ I want to change the USE flag to something else if people don't
19 > like 'build' and make it 'minimal' or 'embedded' as Nirbheek suggested/
20 > <mailto:nirbheek.chauhan@×××××.com>//. /I think that is more suitable
21 > to the problem at hand. I don't want to start a silly fuss over this,
22 > just that there are some version bumps I'd like to make, but I would
23 > like to have a consensus on this before I make the bumps.
24 >
25 > ~ What do you think?
26
27 +1 for 'minimal'.