From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should mirror restriction imply bindist restriction?
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 18:52:11
1 On Friday 26 April 2013 12:05:10 Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Currently RESTRICT=mirror and RESTRICT=bindist are independent of each
3 > other. I wonder if the former should imply the latter.
4 >
5 > Is there any package where the files in SRC_URI cannot be mirrored
6 > (i.e., redistributed), but where the built package can be distributed?
7
8 i've used RESTRICT=mirror in the past when the files were really large (like
9 games or toolchain source tarballs) and upstream already had a good mirroring
10 system. in both cases, there was no binary redistribution restrictions.
11
12 so my answer would be no: we have two independent knobs and let's keep them
13 that way.
14 -mike