From: Daniel Goller <morfic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please follow keywording policy
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:33:08
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Stephen P. Becker wrote:
3 > | Nobody is asking you to drop your job. However, what people are saying
4 > | is if you don't have hardware, then how can you properly maintain a
5 > | driver for it? If I didn't have any mips machines, how could I be a
6 > | member of the mips team? Instead of trying to maintain a bunch of
7 > | drivers that you can't test, why don't you recruit some more devs for
8 > | the dialup herd who do have such hardware? You can create a team that
9 > | coordinates through you to ensure good QA for these drivers.
10 >
11 > There is a fairly common case that a package exists that Gentoo _should_
12 > have in the tree, but those people with the hardware are unable to
13 > become devs because of time commitments or other reasons. I see no
14 > reason a dev can't collaborate with a non-dev on testing packages.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
17
18 Amen to that.