From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 49 - take 2
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:16:52
1 On Mon, 22 May 2006 15:29:27 -0400 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
2 | On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 20:10 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 | > On Mon, 22 May 2006 14:59:33 -0400 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
4 | > wrote:
5 | > | It should be pretty clear that one of the main problems is
6 | > | letting others decide which features we will and wont have and
7 | > | defining our standards based on their needs and not our own.
8 | >
9 | > So where are the use and slot deps?
10 |
11 | Excuse me?
12 | If you are trying to make a point I'm failing to see it.
13
14 Whether or not the features required by Gentoo developers are present
15 in a package manager has nothing to do with whether the package manager
16 is hosted on Gentoo hardware or written by Gentoo developers.
19 Ciaran McCreesh
20 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list