From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo theming during bootup
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:21:17
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Curtis Napier wrote: [Mon Apr 10 2006, 11:21:14AM CDT]
3 >> The redesign as it was known up until this point is no more. There were
4 >> things the winner of the contest had to do and he failed to do them
5 >> (after almost 2 years of trying to get him too). I discussed it with
6 >> klieber a little and after much thought I have decided that the
7 >> WWW-Redesign Contest is now officially dead and abandoned.
8 >
9 > Thanks for the update.
10 >
11 > One question that your thorough response didn't answer (assuming that I
12 > didn't miss it) is if you have plans to improve the site's navigation?
13 > My understanding during the original redesign contest was that the
14 > majority of the complaints we received about our site from users was the
15 > difficulty involved in finding things.
16 >
17 > In any event, I think we need to remove the flying saucer guy. When
18 > drobbins left and turned over the Gentoo IP to us, one thing that he
19 > kept was the flying saucer guy. I believe that he was allowing us to
20 > use it while we got the redesign put together, but since that's dead it
21 > seems unfair to hold on to that flying saucer guy indefinitely.
22 >
23 > -g2boojum-
26 That's what this whole thread is about... a new theme. Specifically for
27 the CD's but I am jumping on the bandwagon and going along for the ride.
28 Hopefully something good will come of this, if not then I'll figure
29 something out.
30
31 For now just suffice it to say that a new theme that takes into
32 consideration all the things you said above (and more) is going to
33 happen one way or another.