From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: new category, app-containers
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:33:30
1 On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:11:49 -0500
2 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > All,
5 >
6 > I am about to write two new ebuilds for packages for Gentoo that are for
7 > container-related utilities.
8 >
9 > Currently, the best place to put them would be app-emulation, or
10 > app-misc or dev-util, probably app-emulation would be my first choice.
11 >
12 > Is it time to start thinking about an app-containers category?
13 > If so, is it ok for me to start an app-containers category with these
14 > packages then we can look into moving other packages to it?
15
16 Sounds good.
17
18 Perhaps worth defining with more precision what are the target
19 ebuilds for that (in <longdescription> format) . Something like:
20 "Tools to manage _linux_ container environments like docker/flatpack/snap/lxc"
21
22 Too narrow? Too broad?
26 Sergei