From: "Wulf C. Krueger" <wk@×××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI change: Call ebuild functions from trusted working directory
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:22:07
1 On Monday, 13. October 2008 19:42:21 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Since EAPI=0 isn't actually approved yet, council wouldn't vote
3 > either. As it's a draft standard, this would be resolved amongst
4 > package-manager developers and PMS editors.
5
6 So, EAPI-2 had to be approved before it could be used in the tree. EAPI-0
7 isn't "actually approved yet", though, so it must not be used in the tree,
8 right? ;-)
9
10 And since EAPI-1 builds upon EAPI-0, that's not acceptable in the tree
11 either.
12
13 (And, btw, the former council decided there wouldn't be any new EAPIs
14 before EAPI-0 wasn't approved.)
15
16 While I agree with your intention of letting people decide upon the stuff
17 they have to work with mostly on their own and with each other, I think
18 your argument, Donnie, is rather "interesting". :-)
19
20 Best regards, Wulf