From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tinderboxing efforts in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 10:41:48
1 On Sat, 3 Dec 2016 10:35:32 +0100
2 Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Friday 02 Dec 2016 14:10:27, Michał Górny wrote :
5 > > Hi, everyone.
6 > >
7 > > I've heard multiple times about various tinderbox projects being
8 > > started by individuals in Gentoo. In fact, so many different projects
9 > > that I've forgotten who was working on most of them.
10 > >
11 > > I know that Toralf is doing tinderboxing for most of the stuff.
12 > > What other projects do we have there? What is their status?
13 > >
14 > > Is there anything we could try to integrate with pull requests to get
15 > > a better testing?
16 > >
17 > > --
18 > > Best regards,
19 > > Michał Górny
20 > > <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>
21 >
22 > Continuous integration is all the rage these days and tinderboxing is the
23 > obvious way to go concerning Gentoo. AFAIK, Toralf is the only contributor
24 > doing tinderboxing out of his own will. In reality, we should have a team of
25 > devs looking after our own tinderboxes instead of relying on the community.
26 >
27 > I'm wondering if we could start a donation campain for this project and ask
28 > people if they've got spare machines laying around. I know a lot of folks are
29 > reading this mailing list so maybe asking on gentoo-dev first for a start would
30 > be appropriate.
31
32 Hardware is not the problem. Lack of software is.
35 Best regards,
36 Michał Górny
37 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>