From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] a few more -major- glibc changes worth noting
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 05:34:23
1 Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > It was also rude of me not to mention this before, as it seems to have
3 > upset a couple of users. Instead of applying the multicast dns updates
4 > unconditionally like suse does, we could make this logic USE-dependant.
5 > Suse 9.2 seems to have a method to enable/disable the mdns change,
6 > however, so I'll probably look at what's different soon-ish... I would
7 > certainly prefer a runtime solution over a compile-time one.
8
9 welp. i've updated the multicast dns patch and multicast dns is now
10 disabled by default. re-enabling it is as simple as editing out the
11 chunk of the new example /etc/host.conf that disables it. problem
12 solved. yay suse, go team, etc.
15 Travis Tilley
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list