From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] stuff from drobbins
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 22:16:00
1 Hi guys,
2
3 The majority of Zach's issues surrounded Gentoo "spin-offs": the existing
4 Gentoo Games company and the Gentoo Embedded company that he wanted to form,
5 and I assume that the majority of questions center around these issues as
6 well.
7
8 I am going to begin documenting the standards and guidelines that are used
9 for determining what does and does not constitute a "Gentoo" company. This
10 ties in directly with the work of creating a roadmap for Gentoo in general,
11 and will also help Gentoo users to understand recent events.
12
13 Then, I can explain why Zach's intentions did not meet these guidelines and
14 what we've done to ensure that Gentoo Games does meet them.
15
16 This will allow me to address questions that people have while keeping the
17 conversation on a purely technical -- and professional -- level.
18
19 Best Regards,
22 Daniel Robbins
23 Chief Architect, Gentoo Linux