From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] question about acct-user/vdr adding more ACCT_USER_GROUPS afterwards
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 16:44:09
1 On Sun, 2019-12-22 at 17:12 +0100, Joerg Bornkessel wrote:
2 > Hallo,
3 > In bug
4 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/699846
5 > is this ebuild for acct-user/vdr handling
6 > this is needed for an update on
7 > media-tv/gentoo-vdr-scripts
8 > without user.eclass
9 > this works fine with
10 > ACCT_USER_GROUPS=( vdr video audio cdrom )
11 > in this case.
12 >
13 > I have another package this has to be converted
14 > media-plugins/vdr-graphlcd-1.0.x
15 > this needs the user vdr also in group lp and usb
16 >
17 > For me it is unclear now, how could i add the user vdr also to groups
18 > lp, usb afterwards
19 >
20 > or should i change this in the initial acct-user/vdr ebuild
22 > ACCT_USER_GROUPS=( vdr video audio cdrom lp usb )
25 Yes, right now the idea is that you list all of them in the original
26 ebuild. If you really needed something like that, I'd suggest USE flag
27 to control extra groups in pkg_setup() or so but I don't think it's
28 worth the added complexity here.
31 Best regards,
32 Michał Górny