From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /usr/spool/mail versus maildir: use item needed
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:35:24
1 Sounds like the mail box type should be a use line, since it's designed
2 for compilation. But the location should be a rc.conf variable.
3
4 What do you think Grant/Arcady/others?
5
6 use items:
7 mbox and maildir
8
9 rc.conf variables:
10 MBOX_PATH
11 MAILDIR_PATH
12
13 -Jared H.
14
15 Arcady Genkin wrote:
16 > Grant Goodyear <goodyea@×××××××.edu> writes:
19 >>>I need a use item that will tell programs whether to build support for
20 >>>/var/spool/mail or ~/.maildir
21 >>
22 > [snip]
23 >
24 >>I suggest "mbox" or "maildir", since that's what almost everybody
25 >>calls the two major types of mailboxes.
28 > Let's not forget that the mbox can also live in the user's home
29 > directory (i.e. ~/Mailbox). It would be nice if this was also
30 > supported.