From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ed emerge failure
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 00:21:36
1 On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 11:23:15PM -0700, Daniel Parker wrote:
2 > Hello again!
3 >
4 > I am in the "emerge system" portion of an rc6-3 install and the following
5 > occurs:
6 >
7 > ed fails on compile with the warning (from memory) makeinfo - no such
8 > command...
9 >
10 > Also I get lots and lots of info warnings (failures) during both bootstrap
11 > and emerge system.
12 >
13 > I have just restarted the emerge (reissued "emerge system"), will report
14 > back on success/no success.
15 >
16 > Daniel Parker
17 >
18 > p.s. After all is complete, can I just "emerge ed"?
19
20 Yes. And please make a note of and report all instances of "makeinfo -- no
21 such command" errors you can find. They are caused by a missing
22 "sys-apps/texinfo DEPEND in their respective ebuilds, and are now showing up
23 because changes in other dependencies have significantly changed build order.
24 If you can, make a big list of makeinfo-deficient ebuilds and then post it
25 here. Thanks! :)
26
27 Best Regards,
30 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>