From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Recent lists mail loss
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:54:02
1 There's a german statement from the Nix Spam RBL.
2
3 http://www.heise.de/ix/foren/S-Re-Mailinglisten-Bestaetigungs-Email-an-
4 Spamtrap-legt-Gentoos-Mailinglisten-
5 lahm/forum-48292/msg-18035095/read/showthread-1/
6
7 As many here probably can't read german, the important points are:
8 - RFC 3834 defines headers for automatically sent mails, seems our mailing
9 list software doesn't do that - but robbat2 commented in his blog is already
10 in contact with upstream about that.
11 - they claim that nobody contacted them directly and their automatic delisting
12 method was not used.
13
14 I'm personally using the mentioned RBL on my servers and I read some articles
15 and heared some talks from their operators and generally think they are doing
16 good work, so I wanted to share that.
17
18 cu,
19 --
20 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/